Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cash

With the mess happening today, and the mess that's bound to keep happening for a non-negligible number of sessions in the next few weeks, I've decided early this morning to exchange a large portion of my equity for cash. I've increased my cash position from about 20% to about 80%, and so far today have been happy with the decision.

I haven't lost hope in CNIT, or in equities in general, but feel like there's some turbulence ahead and that we should brace ourselves. I could be wrong. The retarded debt ceiling talks could turn out to make investors feel confident (not sure how) and make the stock market go up. I have a feeling the unease and general anxiety, however, will be too much to bear.

I'll be looking for stocks to grab at discount prices in the next 2-3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment